POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : high resolution height_field functions : high resolution height_field functions Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  high resolution height_field functions
From: scott
Date: 17 Mar 2010 06:27:52
Message: <4ba0aea8@news.povray.org>
I noticed that if I make a height field like this...

height_field
{
   function nPoints, nPoints {fn_X(x,0,y)}
   smooth
}

as you increase "nPoints" the normals get messed up somehow (visible easily
if you have specular or reflection enabled) both with and without "smooth".
Check the attached images, notice how the grid texture becomes better with
nPoints at 1000, but then the normals get screwed up.  Is it a bug?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'image1.png' (602 KB)

Preview of image 'image1.png'